Gifts. We talk about them a lot at Christmas. We wrap them up and decorate them pretty.
But, I wonder if some of the best ones aren’t under the tree at all. Perhaps the most precious gifts are the moments. Time spent and memories made.
Some of my favorites from this weekend:
* Christmas Eve with Crossroads Community Chapel and the seemingly endless stream of kids coming to hear about the Gift of gifts.
* Sebring cousins bunched together at the Christmas Eve service. I still can’t get over what a blessing it is to go to church with my sisters and their families.
* Holding Baby Stella in her Christmas finery (those cute silver shoes!) and loving that I’ve gotten to watch her momma blossom from an unsure college sophomore to a godly wife & mom.
* Making snowball cookies to the delight of my family and friends.
* Puzzling with Mom McKee.
* Space. Quiet moments. No schedule.
* Building Legos – just me and my Madison.
* Laughing, laughing, laughing. It’s one of our family’s love languages.
* Christmas hymns and rich lines of truth. Words pregnant with meaning like “Long lay the world in sin and error pining. Till he appear’d and the soul felt its worth.” Pure poetry.
* The constant parade of photos tucked into Christmas greetings from dear friends sprinkled around the globe. Our lives are better for knowing them.
* Cozy under our new Christmas quilt fresh in the mail all the way from Mississippi. My mom’s love stitched in. Did she envision snowy Ohio days and us under it as she labored?
How about you? What were your gift moments this weekend? Will you join me in the gratitude?